Frequently asked questions
Whether you are an engaged couple, a family planning your Cape Cod vacation or simply looking for some fine art photography to display in your home, this is an excellent place to search for local photographers who live and work on Cape Cod. Here are some frequently asked questions about our members and their services.
Why Choose a PPOCC Photographer?You can rest assured that you’ll be working with a photographer who values professional development, adheres to a strict code of professional conduct, and holds high photographic standards. You’ll be hiring a professional who lives on Cape Cod and understands the landscape, light and the best way to beat traffic so that your photo session starts on time. PPOCC members know the area and are familiar with the most beautiful beaches and Cape scenes. - They can share their work, ideas and resources to create your unique portrait. Image by Salty Broad Studios
What photography styles are represented in the Professional Photographers of Cape Cod?Photographic styles range from fine art, modern, traditional, and photojournalistic
What should I expect the cost of my photography service?Our photographers accommodate a wide range of budgets and their pricing will vary based on the job, but one consistent quality applies to all of our members: we’re friendly, approachable and professional and your investment in capturing the memories will pay back in dividends.
The Studio by the Sea
The Professional Photographers of Cape Cod started as a small group of wedding and portrait professional photographers. Members are located throughout the Cape and meet monthly to share new ideas and techniques, and to discuss business and promote good will in the industry.
In 1995 PPOCC started their online presence as a way to share the quickly changing world of photography, and the new digital wave of products and techniques that were coming to our profession with fellow members. Soon after, the group started their referral page as a way to make the public aware of the talented group of wedding and portrait photographers that were right here on Cape Cod.
PPOCC strives to achieve a balance of professional and personal growth. With a variety of fun get-togethers, as well as monthly educational programs, we grow our membership each year. PPOCC may be a small group, but there is power in networking and working together as a team so that everyone achieves their goals of being the best photographers on Cape Cod.
Professional Photographers of Cape Cod brings together professional photographers in a relaxed, informative, and fun atmosphere that promotes the advancement of the photographer's skill while allowing an arena where photographers can share their work, ideas, and resources.
We look forward to working with you!
Code of Ethics
“ I, as a requirement for admission to and retention of membership and participation in Professional Photographers Association of Cape Cod, agree to strive at all times to upgrade and improve my knowledge and skill of professional photography, marketing and related areas. In all my dealings with users of photography and general public, I will:
• Strive to present all photographic services in surroundings and in a manner which reflects the highest levels of professionalism.
• Deal with all users of photography and the general public with honesty and integrity.
• Not use any marketing or competitive practice which violates any Federal Trade Commission, or other Federal or State regulatory agency rule or regulation, or Federal or State statute or any decision of any Federal or State Court; and
• Strive at all times to produce photography and photographic services in accordance with the highest levels of professionalism.
• In all dealings with fellow professional photographers, I shall share the knowledge and skill of professional photography.
• Support efforts for and assist in the education of all interested persons and the general public in the art and science of professional photography.”
Many of our fine member studios can help you with your photographic needs. If you have some questions, concerns, or information that require the attention of our board of directors, feel free to contact us.
Board Advisor/Past Treasurer